What’s on for kids and families in May? We have picked some of the top May events for kids and families in Newcastle…there’s always something for everyone.
- Carers, parents and grandparents of small children are invited to a Friday morning at Purple Pear Farm where kids will have the chance to feed, pat and cuddle various animals such as guinea pigs, ponies, cows, ducks, geese, pigs and chickens.
- This Saturday, May 5, an open day at PCYC Newcastle with demonstrations, activities and clinics will be held at the club from 10am to 2pm.
- Head to the Newcastle Foreshore on the 26th May for the Variety Family Fun Day! You and the family can enjoy amusement rides, facepainting, petting zoo, live entertainment and of course some amazing food from Bao Brothers, Crafty Street Eats and Mr Goaty Gelato. Children can enjoy all of the amusements on offer for a $5 wristband.
- Fire & Rescue NSW (FRNSW) will hold its annual Open Day on Saturday 19 May 2018 with fire stations across the State giving visitors a personal glimpse into Australia’s busiest fire and rescue service
- If you missed it in the school holidays, head to the Young People’s Theatre until the 19th May to catch a performance of Alice in Wonderland.
- Peruse the wonderful array of stalls at the Olive Tree Market this month.
- The RSPCA’s biggest fundraising event is happening in Hunter on Sunday 20 May 2018. The Million Paws Walk is a fun-filled day for the whole family, packed with entertainment and activities for dogs and dog-lovers alike. It doesn’t matter if you have a pooch or not – come along and join the fun!
- National Simultaneous Storytime returns for another wonderful year this May sharing the joy of reading to all children. Every year a picture book, written and illustrated by an Australian author and illustrator is read simultaneously in libraries, schools, pre-schools, childcare centres, family homes, bookshops and many other places around the country.
- Come and meet Maitland’s reading mascot and join them for a morning of stories, craft, entertainment and fun as Paint Maitland Read celebrates the love of reading, singing and talking to children.