WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo is the ultimate animal adventure in the heart of the city! Located within the Merlin Attractions hub down at Darling Harbour along with Sydney Sealife Aquarium and Madame Tussauds.
This popular award-winning zoo combines state-of-the-art design with stunning, authentic theming to recreate the iconic habitats of Australia and showcasing a wide variety of Australia’s most amazing and iconic animals!
WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo features interactive displays, inspiring and entertaining daily shows, captivating daily feeding sessions, guided tours and enhanced walk-through habitats including Koala Encounters, Kangaroo Walk-About, and Butterfly Tropics.
There are 8 themed zones at WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo;
• For the ultimate experience, get up close to the animals you might only see in the distance.
• Take wing to Australia’s Top End, with its distinct wet and dry seasons and consistently 33C degree average temperature.
TASSIE DEVIL’S DEN
• A pair of beautiful Tasmanian Devils now call WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo home.
KOALAS AT GUM TREE VALLEY
• Head to Gum Tree Valley to meet Australia’s most famous animal – the koala.
• Head to Wallaby Cliffs in the Flinders Ranges to meet Australia’s prettiest wallabies.
CASSOWARY IN THE RAINFOREST
• Delve into Queensland’s ancient Daintree Rainforest, home to the amazing cassowary.
• Your chance to meet two iconic Aussie animal species: Grey Kangaroos and Agile Wallabies.
NOCTURNAL CRITERS AT NIGHTFALL
• Head deep into the night and discover nocturnal animals such as bats, quolls, possums and gliders.
In addition to the zoned areas at the zoo, you can get a birds eye view of the kangaroo walk-a-bout and the crocodile billabong by booking a Wild Flight.
WILD Flight is a self-propelled pulley system that allows kids and parents to pull themselves through the attraction’s aviary above the animals below. Children 10 years and above can ride the Wild Flight ride.
Location: Wild Life Sydney Zoo is located at Aquarium Wharf 1-5 Wheat Road Darling Harbour and is open from 9:30am – 5:00pm (last entry 4:00pm)
What’s Nearby? With its location being in the hub of Sydney, you are within walking distance to other local tourist attractions in Darling Harbour. Stop for a bite to eat at Kings Wharf or check out the shopping precinct at Darling Harbour. Take the kids to the amazing playground at Darling Quarter or check out the shows at Monkey Baa Theatre Company.