To celebrate Lunar New Year ABC Kids will broadcast a special curated day celebrating the Year of the Dog both on-air and on ABC KIDS iview. Programs include:
- Four premiere episodes (including a special Lunar New Year episode) of the new series Luo Bao Bei; broadcast in English and available in both Mandarin and English on ABC KIDS iview.
- The broadcast premiere of three Asian language Play School Story Time episodes with famous Australians reading stories in Cantonese, Japanese and Mandarin;
- Jimmy Giggle, Hoot and Giggle Bones throw a puppy party;
- A collection of dog-themed preschool episodes including; Peppa Pig, Hey Duggee, Bing, Fireman Sam, Octonauts, and Dot.
Luo Bao Bei
Airing at 7.25am, 7.40am, 8.35am, 5.00pm and 6.15pm on ABC KIDS and ABC iview
Luo Bao Bei is a bright and spirited 7-year old girl with a vivid imagination, on a quest to understand the world around her. With her friends and some endearing animal companions by her side, she navigates the excitement of childhood with enthusiasm and curiosity, always finding adventure along the way. Kids everywhere will relate to Luo Bao Bei’s journey to learn life lessons, one story at a time.
Broadcast in English and available on ABC iview in English and Mandarin.
Play School Story Time: Languages
Airing from 2.10pm on ABC KIDS and ABC iview
Asian language speaking families and families with an interest in developing Mandarin, Cantonese or Japanese as a second language, will be able to enjoy watching these language versions of Play School Story Time. (These episodes are all subtitled in English and the original English versions are also available on ABC iview).
- Play School Story Time: Karen Pang – Diary of a Wombat (Cantonese) 2.10pm on ABC KIDS and ABC iviewPlay School favourite Karen Pang joins her Play School friends on the Story Time couch to share a delightful and entertaining peek into the life of one very busy wombat! Don’t miss Jackie French and illustrator Bruce Whatley’s Diary of a Wombat in Cantonese!
- Play School Story Time: Kumi Taguchi – Too Many Pears (Japanese) 2.20pm on ABC KIDS and ABC iviewABC News presenter Kumi Taguchi swaps the news desk for the Story Time couch to read Jackie French and illustrator, Bruce Whatley’s beloved story about Pamela the cow in Too Many Pears in Japanese!
- Play School Story Time: Adam Liaw – The Little Red Hen and the Grains of Wheat (Mandarin) 2.25pm on ABC KIDS and ABC iviewJoin the fun as Adam Liaw reads the classic tale of The Little Red Hen and the Grains of Wheat by author L. R. Hen and Illustrator Jago in Mandarin.