The Spring School Holidays are here and for those Brisbane families looking for something to do we have shared some of our favourite highlights for the Brisbane School Holidays.
- Get the kids off the couch and book them into one of the Australian Sports camps these school holidays. Choose from netball, soccer, basketball, football, and cricket.
- Run away and join the circus for a day with Flipside Circus school holiday workshops. Whether it’s tackling the trapeze or harnessing the hula hoop, your kids will have a blast at Flipside Circus School Holiday Workshops.
- Wear the kids out at The Inflatable Factory over the school holiday period. Australia’s biggest inflatable fun park will have the kids trying out come of the best inflatables including the giant 12m high superman slide, the zorb ball ramp, the mechanical bull and many more.
- The Queensland Tennis Centre school holiday clinics are a great way to keep kids active and entertained during the school holidays. The clinics are focused on improving your child’s tennis skills whilst having the opportunity to compete at the end of the week.
- Queensland Ballet will be presenting Tiny Dancers school holiday ballet workshops for children at Westfield Carindale these Spring school holidays.
Get Back to Nature!
- Visit the Brisbane Botanic Gardens, Mt Coot-tha for great events and workshops for kids these Spring Holidays.In this practical workshop you will learn everything you need to know to start growing your own food. Check out the Bugs in the Garden Workshop on the 21st September as you make your way around the gardens searching for bugs. Or Explore the Botanic Gardens using a bushwalkers GPS and map to find clues and solve puzzles.
- Check out the Nature Play Qld website to see what outdoor nature adventures you can get up to these spring school holidays!
- Head out to the Daisy Hill Koala Centre during the Brisbane school holidays to check out the large outdoor koala enclosure.
Get into character!
- Gladiator School is our new school holiday program designed for kids aged 7 – 12 at the Queensland Museum. Undergo mini boot camp sessions to learn how to train and fight like a gladiator and discover what it takes to become a master of the sword.
- Starting with a reading of the book Where the Wild Things Are at the Karawatha Forest Discovery Centre, we then offer a drama workshop based around the story. Creativity, imagination and using the body in new and interesting ways are celebrated in this workshop perfect for primary aged children who love to bring stories to life.
- Brisbane Youth Theatre runs exciting holiday activities in Brisbane for children and teenagers. The theatre and drama workshops actively engage the imagination as they play theatre games, create characters and tell stories. Brisbane holiday workshops develop team skills and bring out the best performance in each participant
- Book a spot in the Flying Fox studios these spring holidays to get creative with visual arts, engineering, craft, science, music, technology, design and construction.
- Museum of Brisbane is your destination for free school holiday activities this spring. Drop in anytime from 10am to 4pm and take your pick from our free craft workshops or book in for one of the hourly Young Creatives workshops, Whacky Food Feast or Sunshine Food Explorer Workshop.
- Get your hands dirty when you Play with Clay at the Ipswich Art Gallery free drop-in workshops these school holidays. Experiment with shape, form and texture while you learn some creative techniques for basic clay modelling. Make a pinch pot, create an animal, or use your imagination for something more exotic!
- Event Cinemas are hosting a bunch of FREE activities for kids these school holidays. From Marble Painting to Slime making, the kids are covered for free fun at Event Cinemas during the Brisbane School Holidays.
- Check out the wonderful workshops at Apple Stores these Spring Holidays. In Kids Hour, kids get the opportunity to bring Star Wars droids to life by programming simple movements, loops and more. Then they’ll design a maze and navigate their droids through the obstacles.
Get Hands On!
- Running from September 25th-29th 2017, come along to the Abbey Museum for school holiday fun – Roman style! Get crafty with mosaics, Dig for Roman Artefacts, Dress Like a Roman and learn how to be a Gladiator in the Gladiator School during the Brisbane School Holidays.
- Charge into the Workshops Rail Museum these school holidays for hands-on animal themed activities and the exhibition A Room for Wild Animals, at the Museum for a limited time.
- These school holidays, Vapiano Garden City is organising pizza baking classes for kids between Saturday 16 September through to Sunday 24 September! Hurry…only two dates left.
- At the Sciencentre these spring holidays, kids can learn all about scientific concepts with a variety of science theatre.
- Stop by the Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium to learn all about Aliens these holidays. Narrated by Rupert Grint. The human race is connected better than ever before but could we one day be part of a galactic community sharing our knowledge and ideas? Or is Earth the only planet with life? This show takes you on an epic ride in the hunt for the evidence of alien life.
- All lovers of books are invited to Where the Wild Things Are bookshop for some great writing workshops, story time and book parties during the Brisbane school holidays.
Jump On Board!
- All aboard the Grandchester Express! During this 2.5 hour return trip, passengers have the option to disembark at Grandchester station and explore the grounds, watch the locomotive be uncoupled from its train and ran around for its return trip.
- Check out Kate Benyon’s Friendly Beast exhibition at QAGOMA before it finishes on the 22nd October. In ‘Friendly Beasts’, Kate Beynon brings to life four hybrid figures who are inspired by mythological figures, deities, theatrical masks and supernatural creatures.
- Head to the Cobb + Co Museum these school holidays to visit the Happy Birthday Play School Celebrating 50 Years exhibition. This exhibition provides adults a chance to bring their childhood memories back to life, and children have an opportunity to see these icons up close and enjoy the colourful display of familiar characters.
- Queensland’s Premier LEGO® Fan Event is finally here! Come aboard for a trip to see your favourite themes and characters come alive through LEGO Bricks at the BrisBricks Brisbane Expo.
- Check out the BIG list of kid friendly concerts and shows heading to Brisbane this Spring!