David Jones and The Walt Disney Company (Australia and New Zealand) announce an exciting new children’s world featuring Disney, Star Wars and Marvel, in a joint partnership that will see the top floor of the David Jones Elizabeth Street store transformed into a magical one-of-a- kind destination.
The children’s floor will truly be a unique and exciting space to shop, play and explore offering five distinct neighbourhoods designed to transport customers to different mini worlds and immerse themselves in Disney’s much-loved stories and characters.
Key elements of the children’s floor experience will include:
- 100 Acre Wood – With stunning views over Hyde Park, the 100 Acre Wood will feature shareable moments that will have customers lingering under the expansive canopy of Winnie the Pooh’s much-loved honey tree. For those embarking on the grand adventure of parenthood, there will also be a nursery design service to assist you in creating a memorable space for the new arrival.
- Marvel – Time to suit up! Whether it’s to save the world or go back to school, you can find the perfect shoes and active clothes needed for your next mission. Roam this New York-inspired locale and then head over to the Brooklyn-inspired loft story-telling area to explore our world of books, games and puzzles.
- Star Wars – Escape to a galaxy far, far away where new frontiers are discovered and explored. Contemporary apparel for your young Padawan exists here amongst a world of play, interactivity and technology.
- Disney Princess – Dreamy visions of fairy lights, castles, carousels and a Magic Mirror awaits you! The world’s best designer brands live amongst this enchanted place, beckoning you to invest in a timeless piece for your little prince or princess.
- High Street – Take a stroll down High Street to experience a premium range of boutique shops (including Country Road, Seed Kids, Armani Junior and Polo Ralph Lauren) filled with the latest fashion and toys for kids. Incorporating hidden Disney touches and a nod to Sydney’s historic architecture, High Street is filled with charming, unexpected design details.
- A dedicated Event Space will allow for exciting events, creating lasting magical memories.
The floor will be home to a range of the newest and most exclusive toys, apparel, footwear, books, games and puzzles. It will also be an ever-evolving space that will see Disney’s extensive calendar of upcoming releases reflected in new experiences on both the floor and the event space.
David Jones Chief Executive Officer, David Thomas said, “In our 180th year, the commencement of the Elizabeth Street store redevelopment and this major partnership with the Walt Disney Company (Australia and New Zealand) represents a significant milestone for David Jones. There is strong alignment between our companies, both with long and proud histories of providing inspirational and memorable experiences to customers. Our teams have worked hand in hand to create a truly engaging experience for both children and adults that will deliver fun and excitement.”
Senior Vice President & Managing Director, The Walt Disney Company Australia & New Zealand, Kylie Watson-Wheeler added: “This partnership with David Jones combines a premium vision for David Jones’ flagship store with Disney’s own iconic stories and characters to create a world-class retail destination that will delight both children and adults alike.”
“The space has been designed to deliver an inspiring and unexpected experience with a range of the newest and most exclusive products. Customers will be able to explore different worlds and immerse themselves in places of wonder and nostalgic familiarity with hidden surprises that will have them coming back again and again.”