The Perth School Holidays are here and what a fabulous time of year to get out and about during the spring holiday period. We have found some great events and activities to take the kids this September/October.
Get Hands On
- These school holidays, grab your ‘Forensic Field Day’ map and make your way around Scitech. Catch a forensic sketch artist in action, meet a forensic scientist, create your own fake wounds, or maybe even try your hand at some CSI techniques and receive a limited edition badge.
- Book the kids into Zoo Crew at Perth Zoo these school holidays where they have the unique opportunity to learn about what’s involved in caring for the Zoo’s incredible animals.
- Get ready for some great gooey fun as AQWA celebrates all the wild and wonderful ways in which sea creatures use slime. From slime making to slime tattoos, kids will love being at the AQWA during the Perth School Holidays.
- STAY, PLAY AND LOOK as long as you like. Bricktober is a annual exhibition celebrating all things LEGO ® Run by The Rotary Club of Ascot, to raise funds to support young children in the local community and support other Rotary Projects.
- Develop your physics concepts and construction skills with the ancient Roman naval ballista workshop at the WA Maritime Museum! This crossbow of the high seas was built to sling missiles at enemy ships. You will make-your-own miniature ballista to take home and have fun with test-firing challenges.
- Prepare for a close encounter with the most extraordinary creatures to ever walk the earth at the Perth Exhibition and Convention Centre. Featuring more than 23 moving, life-size animatronic models of the Cretaceous period (145-66 million years ago), Dinosaur Discovery: Lost Creatures of the Cretaceous is like nothing you’ve ever experienced!
- On the last weekend of the School Holidays, visit AGWA for a hands-on art activity related to the exhibition My Story My Home; a photography exhibition revealing both the diversity and the commonality within, between and across the Muslim and wider communities.
- The Artspace Collective is the place to be these school holidays for little creative beings. Check out all the workshops on offer HERE.
- Fremantle Arts Centre has a range of fun kids creative workshops during the Perth School Holidays. Learn how to screen print t-shirts, use computers and video cameras, to create your own animated story onscreen with colourful paper cut-outs of yourself and fun props or learn the art of throwing clay on your pottery wheel. Just a few examples of the fun workshops these spring holidays.
- Get creative with a hands-on photography workshop, presented by Kingsley Klau at the WA Maritime Museum. Kingsley became an AIPP Accredited Photographer in 2005 and is an experienced photography teacher. In this workshop learn how to capture engaging images using your camera, tablet or smartphone.
Get Back to Nature
- Kids Nature Club invites kids to Nature Detectives during the Perth school holidays where they will explore the outdoors, build forts, play games and take bug hunting to the next level.
- Come and learn the secrets of making ‘pizza perfetto’ (perfect pizza) at the WA Maritime Museum with expert chefs at Fremantle’s Pizza Bella Roma restaurant. This workshop will have you getting your hands fit, flouring and punching dough with the best of them!
- Tech Camps 4 Kids brings amazing tech programs to Perth. From App Design to creating comics, kids will have fun while learning to do some really amazing things! Check out the tech camps being held at Guildford Grammar School during the Perth School Holidays.
- Apple Garden City Perth are inviting you to a special school holiday workshop. Join them for an exciting Kids Hour starring the galaxy’s favourite droids. Using the same code developers use every day, kids will bring Star Wars droids to life by programming simple movements, loops and more.
Get Something for Nothing (Freebies)
- Head to Karrinyup Shopping Centre to join Chase, Marshall and Ryder as they work together to keep the community safe in Nick jar’s Paw Patrol. Enjoy this family friendly show that will delight children of all ages. In week 2, children will get the opportunity to become an honorary member of the Paw patrol when they get to design and decorate their very own Paw Patrol Badge to take home!
- Be drawn into the world of Scarface Claw in his new adventure, Scarface Claw, Hold Tight! This special Story Time at the State Library of WA, read by a special guest, will explore Dame Lynley Dodd’s new picture book as well as some Hairy Maclary and Friends’ favourites. Dame Lynley Dodd will sign books after Story Time.
2017 AWESOME Festival, brings the best in children’s arts from around the world right to our doorstep. From the international launch of Dame Lynley Dodd’s new book Scarface Claw: Hold Tight! in the State Library of Western Australia, to the delightful Potato Needs a Bath by theatre-maker Shona Reppe lighting up
the Art Gallery of Western Australia’s Theatrette, there’s an experience for everyone.
Catch a live concert or family friendly show over the Perth School Holidays.