What’s on for kids and families in May? We have picked some of the top May events for kids and families in Sydney…there’s always something for everyone.
- May is the month when the city of Sydney comes alight with colour at VIVID Sydney. Grab the family and head to the beautiful light installations around the city.
- Treat little ears to musical soundscapes and classical compositions with ABC Kids: Sounds Like Australia at the Sydney Opera House. Join Play School’s Luke Carroll and Ensemble Offspring in this light-hearted, participatory show.
- Snuggle up to a wooly mammoth at this month’s Dinosnore at the Australian Museum.
- As part of the Sydney Comedy Festival all Superkids aged 5-12 years are being invited to an action-packed line-up of super-powered fun! With comedy heroes performing hilarious sketch comedy, circus and stand up, Superkids (and Supermums and Superdads too) will save the day with the power of LOLs! Come dressed as your favourite superhero!
- Catch a performance of Creature: an adaptation of Dot and the Kangaroo or Ruby’s Wish this May at Riverside Parramatta.
- Thomas and Friends return to the NSW Rail Museum for a feature packed weekend of family fun. Meet the Fat Controller as he oversees all of the exciting activities on offer!
- Tours for Tots at the Art Gallery of NSW allows kids 3-5 years to get hands on with some fun craft activities while developing their creativity and improving fine motor skills.
- Did you know that the State Library has a collection of magnificant maps? You’re invited to the library on the family fun day to learn all about maps and meet special guest author/illustrator Tania McCartney.
- In celebration of the annual ‘May the 4th Be With You’ fan day, MAAS and The Walt Disney Company Australia invite all Star Wars fans to join us for the Ultimate Fan Weekend at the Powerhouse Museum!
- Drop by the MCA on Sunday May 6th and head to the Zine Garden to make your own zine!
- You’re invited to Darling Harbour for a weekend of FREE family fun! It’s been 30 years since the official opening of Darling Harbour and you are invited to celebrate!
- Fire & Rescue NSW (FRNSW) will hold its annual Open Day on Saturday 19 May 2018 with fire stations across the State giving visitors a personal glimpse into Australia’s busiest fire and rescue service.
- It’s your last chance to see Monkey Baa’s Josephine Wants to Dance; A hilarious musical comedy directed by the team that brought you Pete the Sheep!
- Kids and families are invited to a weekend of author talks and workshops at the Sydney Writers Festival family weekend!
- Join the Centennial Park Wild Play expert for a workshop in the art of nature play.
- Meet the Orchestra concerts are a wonderful way to introduce orchestral music to families and young children. Performed by the SYO’s Peter Seymour Orchestra, this relaxed and informal concert has been specially designed to be interactive, informative and most importantly, lots of fun!
- Families across the North Shore and beyond are invited to attend the Your Side Child & Family Expo at The Concourse this May.
- X barks the spot in the new tour PAW Patrol Live! “The Great Pirate Adventure” at the ICC Sydney Theatre Darling Harbour this May.